Dear Epic Partners:
We are pleased to announce that Epic Academy earned Chicago Public Schools’ (CPS) highest rating for the 2018-2019 school year, receiving a Level 1+ recognition for the second time in the school’s 10 year history.
This distinction reflects our school’s commitment to academic excellence and distinguishes us from competitors, as we are the only high school in the greater South Chicago area to receive a Level 1+ rating.
According to data from the CPS School Progress Report, the following performance indicators contributed to this ranking:
- SAT Cohort Growth Percentile: 87% (6% increase)
- Freshman On-Track rate: 91% (10% increase)
- Graduates earning college and career credits: 44.9% (10.7% increase)
- College enrollment rate: 84.2% (3.2% increase)
- College persistence rate: 66% (3% increase).
This achievement speaks directly to the hard work and dedication of teachers, students, staff, school leadership, and our devoted supporters and partners.
Thank you for your ongoing partnership and support as we continue to move the needle on student achievement.